Oxted Quarry site rules
Any breach of these rules may result in a permanent ban from the quarry
- Anyone entering must be wearing steel toe capped boots or shoes, high visibility jacket or vest and a hard hat must be worn when leaving the vehicle.
- Drivers must report to ‘IN’ weighbridge before entering the site. Our staff will direct you.
- STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE on both weighbridges. Our staff will direct you.
- Lorries must be inspected and weighed and a ‘duty of care note’, correctly completed must be handed to the weighbridge staff.
- Before exiting drivers must collect a receipt for tipping, or ticket if collecting material.
- Drivers must follow the instruction of weighbridge operator or banks man at all times.
- Lorries are only permitted in areas directed by weighbridge operator or banks man.
- Drivers MUST NOT raise their sheet while the lorry is moving. Sheets must be raised when lorry is stationery on the weighbridge.
- Drivers must not mount lorry to remove sheets/covers. These must be removable from ground or cab level.
- It is the responsibility of the driver to ensure the lorry tyres are free from debris (bricks/stones) before leaving the site.
- 5mph speed limit on site.
- No lorry to enter before 7:30am.
HGVs approaching and leaving the quarry (see map below)
- APPROACH FROM THE SOUTHWEST via Barrow Green Road and Chalkpit Lane.
- TURN RIGHT WHEN EXITING, stay on Chalkpit Lane and turn left onto Barrow Green Road, continuing to Church Lane and East Hill Road to reach the A25.
- Do not park or wait on Barrow Green Road or Chalkpit Lane.
- 20mph speed limit on Chalkpit Lane